Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Consequences of the change of notation

Here is something to consider: if we change the subscript t's to superscript t's, we must change the following:
  1. A_t
  2. B_t
  3. D_t
  4. Q_n
  5. a_n
  6. q_n
...and there may be more that I can't think of right now. Do we really want to make a change in notation that makes 6 objects look somewhat awkward just so that A_I^t looks like tau_I^t? I think it'd be okay to have A_t^I but tau_I^t. After all, we already had rho_I for the asymptotic density, which bucks the trend that we had of subscript t for objects 1 through 6.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I don't think we should change it either, we should just be careful when we are comparing 2 rule sets at once, which is only a few times.

Anonymous said...

OK, guys.
We can revisit this issue once we're further along.
D.